Tomorrow is the last day of 2020.
Hopefully you are spending it with positivity, and doing something active!
Have you thought of resolutions for the coming year? On that note, I have a quick question…
What’s been the BEST part of 2020 for you?
A number of great insights and benefits that came out of this year. At the top of my list is definitely the extra time I made to connect with my wife and kids. This is something I am definitely carrying forward into the new year.
I am asking because there’s been SOOOOO much negativity, anger, frustration, and other caustic emotions about this global pandemic, but when we take the time to step back, we are also able to see the tremendous gifts that this challenge has brought us.
Here are some great benefits of the past year:
- The chance to take up new hobbies
- Business has been forced to leave the ‘90’s and has (finally) arrived in the technological present…or at least somewhere close.
- Connecting with family and friends in new ways
- Greater insight into the importance of our mental and physical health (they are closely connected)
- A closer connection to the outdoors
- Investing to make our homes more liveable (and workable)
- Even if by necessity, much more of our society has become technologically literate
- …and SO many more benefits!
I’m not discounting the fact that 2020 has been extremely tough for many people, but one of the best things about challenges is that they provide us perspective. They force us to reflect on what we believe, value, and want from life.
The exceptional circumstances we’ve faced over the past 10 months create an even more unique opportunity to reflect, learn, and grow this coming year.
So, I will ask another question that’s related to the original one…
What did you learn about yourself in 2020 that will make 2021 a better year for you?
I would love to hear your top takeaways from the year!
On a related note, New Year’s resolution season is upon us. Stay tuned for an upcoming post about the sad state of resolutions (92% fail), and what you can do to avoid the resolution trap.
Also, on January 11th, we are launching our New Year’s Resolution Solution program. It’s for people who are serious about making 2021 their best year ever.
You can check it out at www.freshfitness.ca/ny21
Have an amazing day!